Sunday, December 16, 2012

Third Sunday of Advent

http://www.weebelievers.com/images/blog/wp-content/2010/12/adventcandle3.pngToday is the Third Sunday of Advent!

This third Sunday has a special name called Gaudete Sunday. Gaudete means to rejoice. This week is a week of rejoicing in the Lord because we know that He is near. The second reading of this third Sunday was from Philippians, and the key phrase was definitely: Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.

Throughout this week, remember this phase when you get frustrated or angry. This week REJOICE! Be joy to everyone you meet. Christ will come soon, so REJOICE! The wait will soon be over, and we will receive Him into our hearts in a very special new way. We will see His glorious face - the face of a beautiful baby boy.

Here is a meditation I found from Fr. Victor Hoagland, C.P. for the Third Week: 
John's disciples said to Jesus, "Are you 'He who is to come' or do we look for another?" In reply, Jesus said: "Tell John what you hear and see: the blind recover their sight, cripples walk, lepers are cured, and the poor have good news preached to them..." Luke 3:10
O Jesus, I rejoice at the signs that say you are near. Your power is everywhere if I could see it. 
 
Yet my eyes often see only darkness and what has yet to be done. I believe in you, yet when I look around evil seems so strong and goodness so weak. If you have come, why is there still so much suffering and why do the poor still despair? Where are your miracles today?

 Your grace, O Lord, is more fruitful in my world than I imagine. I know your power is everywhere around me, if I could only see it. Show me today where the blind see and cripples walk. Make my vision sharper than it is. 


Here is a prayer for the third week of Advent:

 Prepare our hearts and remove the sadness that hinders us from feeling the joy and hope which his presence will bestow.Give us a joy that will burn within us and spread like a wildfire to everyone we meet. Let us feel your intoxicating presence and your blinding light.

 http://www.lnb-ccr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Rejoice.png

No comments:

Post a Comment