Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Whatsoever You Do..."

This is kind of old news (I guess about a week old), but it still gets to me. I am still so blown away by this humble man.

Pope Francis kisses feet  

By the way, this is the POPE. Our holy Father, the man we faithful Catholics tend to think is the closest to Christ. So I guess he is following Christ's example in the best way, by serving the least of these and 
washing the feet of prisoners.

This picture inspires me so much. But it also makes me somewhat ashamed. If this is what our amazing and most Holy Father is doing, something so humble, then shouldn't I, someone so much lesser than our Pope, 
be doing something even more humble? 

Food for thought. And this amazing Pope is already changing the world through his inspiring humility and passion for Christ. May he continue to take our breath away. May he be a perfect and holy example of a faithful follower of Christ. May he continue to inspire us through his words and actions. May he continue to be a wonderful shepherd and lead us to Christ. May he help the Holy Spirit kindle the burning fire of Christ within us, so that we all may be the light of Christ to a world in need of hope and God's love.

Let us pray for our Holy Father!
 
Pope Francis washes feet  

3 comments:

  1. yeah, I am gettin to love this Our Holy Father all ready! But remember that we don't have to do "Great humble" (which is a oxymoron term) things but like Mother Teresa says "Little things are indeed little, but to be faithful in little things is a great thing."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, good point! It reminds me of Saint Therese of Lisieux - doing the little things with great love. But still, our new pope makes me feel like a spiritual wimp. I guess it's kind of a good thing though, because he makes me want to try harder to be a better Catholic. I know I can't do great things cause I'm not a big soul like Saint Therese says, but I can do little things with great love :D

      Delete
    2. Well Saints or Saintly people aren't supposed to make us feel bad or wimpy. The Saints/Saintly people are to show us a goal to aim for. I remember reading Fr. Thomas Dubay and him talking about St. Teresa Avila, he said that she always felt worse for not doing more because she knew that God gave her so much and she always felt that she often times never lived up to all that He has given her. So in a sense even the Saints had a hard time being saintly, so we're in good company! :)

      Delete