Tuesday, January 29, 2013

March for Life


image.jpg
See the short girl with the black and gray scarf in the picture, the third one from the right holding the sign? Yeah, that's me.
The March for Life in Washington, D.C., was January 25, and it was the 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade. So for forty years, people from all over America have been coming to protest against the culture of death and to beg for everyone's inalienable right to life.

There have been reports of over half a million people in attendance for the 2013 March for Life. This is the largest amount of people who have ever attended a Civil Rights Movement. Amazing, isn't it? I believe the tides are beginning to turn. I pray with my heart and soul that all Americans especially women are waking up and that they are beginning to realize the truth of abortion. I hope that more and more people will come to understand the true dignity and respect that life itself deserves.I pray that someday all will come to understand that life is truly beautiful.

I pray that abortion and the mentality of the culture of death will come to an end and become a distant memory. I hope that my own children will be unable to believe that my generation could even consider killing the defenseless unborn.
Man's life comes from God; it is his gift, his image and imprint, a sharing in his breath of life. God therefore is the sole Lord of this life: man cannot do with it as he wills. God himself makes this clear to Noah after the Flood: "For your own lifeblood, too, I will demand an accounting...and from man in regard to his fellow man I will demand an accounting for human life" (Genesis 9:5). The biblical text is concerned to emphasize how the sacredness of life has its foundation in God and in his creative activity: "For God made man in his own image" (Genesis 9:6). Human life and death are thus in the hands of God, in his power: "In this hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind," exclaims Job (12:10). "The Lord brings to death and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up" (1 Samuel 2:6). He alone can say: "It is I who bring both death and life" (Deuteronomy 32:39).
~Pope John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), 
March 25, 1995

*picture from  

No comments:

Post a Comment