Sunday, July 14, 2013

Turn to the LORD in your Need

Turn to the Lord in your need, and you will live
*picture from stjudechapel.org

Either you heard this verse from the Responsorial Psalm this weekend or you heard: "Your words, Lord, are spirit and life." Your parish had to decide which one to read for mass. But I really like this verse from Psalm 69. It reminds us to turn to God with our needs and trials and pains. We should look to Him for help and support, so that we will live. 
He alone can give us true life, eternal life.

It seems like so many try to figure things out for themselves. They believe that they don't need God's help or they don't ask Him for guidance. (I can definitely be this way sometimes, too.) We read self-help books and act like we have it all figured out, but we really can't when we try to do it on our own. We need the Lord's help. He gives us everything, all we need, 
if we just ask.

So let's ask! Let's run to the Lord with all our hurt and pain and our needs and hopes and sadness. He will renew us with His everlasting peace and He will give us a fulfilled life. He will give His Holy Spirit, for He is the breath of our souls and He will breathe into us and make us whole. 

Let's turn to the Lord so we will live.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it seemed for Mass on Saturday we were lucky even to get a Psalm at all. Did u notice that? :0 I went to Mass again this morning because I didn't receive the Lord last nite because of my upset stomach, they did Ps 69 then. So I get to hear both! I don't know about you but I thought Source and Summit was pretty awesome. Fr. Joseph basically told me the same thing that you are saying here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's cool. Yeah, I was expecting some watered down theology, but it was AMAZING. It really helped me to think about what they were saying. Too bad I tend to forget everything... :( But I feel so blessed to have such an amazing spiritual director. He just blows me away every time he opens his mouth and he was excellent at the summer Source and Summit!

      Delete